As of Monday, February 8, 2021, HOPE Fund Rental Assistance is back open. Please carefully read the eligibility requirements below.
Eligibility: In order to receive financial assistance through the IMPACT HOPE Fund, tenants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid lease agreement in their name and occupying the unit at time of application.
- The household’s total rent payment is at or below 200% Fair Market Rate.
- The household’s total gross income is equal to or less than 80% Area Median Income for location.
- 60% of the funding will be targeted to households at 50% AMI and below or $42,100 for a family of four.
- The remaining 40% will be available to households at 80% AMI or $67,360 for a family of four).
- The household has experienced a financial hardship due (directly or indirectly) to COVID-19, for example:
- Tenant has been laid off.
- Tenant’s place of employment has closed.
- Tenant has experienced a reduction in hours of work.
- Tenant must stay home to care for children due to closure of day care and/or school.
- Tenant must stay home to care for children due to distance learning.
- Tenant has lost child or spousal support.
- Tenant has had an increase in expenses due to COVID-19, i.e. child care, medical bills, etc.
- Tenant has been unable to find employment due to COVID-19.
- Tenant is unwilling or unable to participate in their previous employment due their high risk of severe illness fromCOVID-19.
- The household cannot receive rental assistance from any other source, including, but not limited to federal (including Housing Choice Voucher), state and local rental assistance programs, for the same period of time Rent Relief Program is requested.
- Proof of income (pay stubs, bank statements, letter from employer, social security documents, pension).
- Must include at least the two months prior to the submission of the application for assistance.
- Valid lease or other documentation of landlord-tenant relationship.
- Rent ledger.
- Completed Application and Agreements.
- Landlord W9.